Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Hope is HERE! WE BRING IT!



You haven't heard from me in a while.
I've been strangely quiet since the new year -- so out of character for me -- but I've been busy reorganizing and restructuring quite a lot behind the scenes:
... creating this new website (I hope you love it!)
... working with Geoff to create a new cover for the re-release of Juxtaposed (second edition!)
... driving my printer-guy insane with constant changes (but my checks clear, so he's all good.)
... and thinking long and hard about what I want to say to folks this year as I go out and speak to churches about HOPE and what it means to be a HOPE GIVER and why it's as important as it's ever been to pour out compassion and mercy and justice and love to this desperate world.
I'm peddling HOPE, y'all (as you well know by now) and I'm recruiting Hope Givers. I'm not doing any more new writing this year with the exception of keeping up on these SATURDAISIES blog posts -- no new books. Rather, I'm honoring the books I've already written and bringing those words to life for those who need it. I'm poised to spread this message God has burned inside the walls of my heart with anyone who will let me. It's too hard to contain. I hope to see your faces this year and put my arms around you, to encourage you, to challenge you, to inspire you -- if I possibly can.
2017 marks ten years for me as a writer. May 23rd, 2007, was my very first blog post. Here I am ten years later with a heckuva lotta text under my belt. What a wild ride it's been! We'll be celebrating a decade of books and blog posts this year, so keep checking in for updates which will all be forthcoming.
Feel free to click around and check out the new site and please subscribe to this brand new blog. Share it with your friends. Contact me if you'd like me to come and speak live or to set up a Skype-gig. (I don't even have to wear PANTS for those Skypes -- just eyelashes! HA!)
But most of all, just know that I love you.
Daisy Rain


Want to add a caption to this image? Click the Settings icon.
Daisy Rain Martin is an author, speaker, advocate, and educator as well as a founding member of The Flying M-Inklings Writing Group. She lives with her husband, Sean-Martin, in the beautiful state of Idaho and teaches English and Literature during the school year to the best 7th graders the world over. Daisy spends her summers writing, speaking, researching, creating, gardening, and canning.
Hope Givers: Hope is Here, is the sequel, of sorts, to her comedic, spiritual memoir, Juxtaposed: Finding Sanctuary on the Outside, which was Christopher Matthews #1 top selling book in 2012. She has also written a free e-book for anyone who has or is currently being sexually abused called, If It’s Happened to You.
Please follow her weekly blog, SATURDAISIES, which addresses a plethora of current issues including child advocacy, all things hilarious, and matters of the heart. She would love for you to join the Rainy Dais Community by friending her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram

No comments: